The idea of having to keep your lace front wig on for long periods of time doesn’t really seem too appealing. I researched whether a lace front wig can be removed daily and here are my findings.
Yes, a lace front wig can be removed daily. It is all dependant on the type of adhesive used and the hold of the adhesive. If your plan is to remove your lace front wig every single day, it is always best to go for a wig adhesive that has more of a weaker hold than most, to make the removal process much easier and achievable on a daily basis.
Lace front wigs are a great way to add something new to your look without having to make any drastic changes to your natural hair.
They are one of the most natural-looking wigs on the market and are a great addition to any wig collection. It is also great that these can be worn for long periods of time, or even shorter ones, depending on the wearer’s needs.
Let’s take a look at how you can adjust the way you apply your wig to the length of time that you could like to wear it.
Lace Front Wigs – Making Them Last, Or Not.
The length of a wig-wearing period differs from person to person. As most women tend to want to wear their wigs for longer periods of time, without having to remove them at all, the idea that this is what all wig wearers want has become a common assumption within the industry.
However, this is far from accurate. I, for one, prefer not to wear my wig for too long. I don’t really like having to sleep with a wig on my head every single night and prefer allowing my scalp to breathe.
So, now that we’re aware that not all wig wearers want the same thing, the question of how the market accommodates this comes to mind. It is pretty simple actually, there has been an increase in the types of wig adhesives offered on the market. Each with its own specifications, these adhesives are able to cater to all types of wig wearers.
If you wear wigs often, you have probably already realized that all wig adhesives are not the same. Most women tend to look for a wig adhesive that promises a hold of around 1 – 4 weeks.
This is because, generally, people don’t really want to have to fit and remove a wig every single day. However, it is important to note that even the same brand and type of wig adhesive might work completely differently for each customer.
Wig adhesive is placed on the skin and the natural oils, sweat, and elasticity of the skin play a role in the hold of the adhesive. This is why it is important to try different types of wig adhesives to find a fit that is best for you. But, what does this have to do with how long or short you can wear your lace front wig?
Here are some Dos and Don’ts for choosing adhesive that will allow you to remove your wig daily:
Do – choose a wig adhesive that has a shorter hold period. Rather look for an adhesive that has a hold of 1- 2 weeks to ensure that is easier to remove more frequently, or daily if this is your desired hold period.
- Don’t – buy a wig adhesive that promises a longer hold period. Most of these kinds of adhesives range from 1 – 4 weeks old, with some even stretching the hold period to 8 weeks. This will only make your lace front wig removal a difficult and painful process.
Do – buy a wig adhesive that is not waterproof. This will ease the trouble of trying to remove your lace front wig after daily use.
- Don’t – purchase a wig adhesive that is waterproof. The waterproof adhesive is created with the intention of being long-lasting. This means that daily wig removal will probably not be a possibility without damaging your skin and damaging your lace front wig.
Do – use a wig adhesive remover when removing your lace front wig. Look for an alcohol-based remover as these are much stronger and more effective. Wig adhesive remover is a quick and easy way to remove the glue from your lace front wig and remove your wig without damage and with ease.
- Don’t – attempt to remove your wig daily without using a wig adhesive remover. This will be extremely difficult and will definitely damage your lace front wig because of how delicate the lace is. It is best to avoid this altogether.
So we have discussed how using wig adhesive wisely can allow you to remove your lace front wig daily.
it all ultimately depends on the type of adhesive that you use, and of course, how you use it. But, for those who don’t normally choose to remove their lace front wig daily, you’re probably wondering why anyone would want to remove their lace front wig every single day right?
Well, here are a few reasons why removing your lace front wig every day might not be the worst idea.
Why People Remove Their Lace Front Wig Daily
Removing your lace front wig every day probably sounds like such a job for anyone who is not used to it. The process of fitting a wig and then having to remove it is not always easy and is definitely time-consuming.
This is what takes us back to the question of why anyone would want to do this daily?
There are quite a few reasons why someone would want to remove their lace front wig daily and a few benefits that come with removing your lace front wig daily that you might have missed.
So, let’s talk about that a bit…
1. You are not a frequent wig wearer.
One of the most common reasons why some people choose to remove their lace front wig is because they are not frequent wig wearers. Wigs, for some, are a great addition to a look for a special occasion or a formal setting.
The everyday look doesn’t really require the use of a wig for some ladies and that is completely okay. These types of people prefer to wear their wig for their specific reason and remove it as soon as they are done.
2. Wigs are too uncomfortable to sleep with.
I know that this point is super relevant for me, I completely battle when it comes to sleeping with anything on my head.
A wig, that is properly glued or taped in can be extremely uncomfortable for someone who is not used to having something secured to their head, especially if they are light sleepers, like me.
Now that we have discussed two reasons why someone would want to remove their lace front wig daily, let’s take a look at some of the benefits that come with removing your lace front wig more frequently.
- Giving your hair and scalp time to breathe – wearing a lace front wig for super long periods at a time can be extremely unhealthy for your natural hair and scalp. Wigs generally do not allow enough airflow to the scalp and roots of your natural hair and oxygen is extremely important for maintaining the overall health of your scalp and hair.
- Avoiding long-term damage – it is really often that people tend to glue their wigs directly on their hairline or edges. This causes tension to this hair and becomes damaging when left for a long period of time. Removing your wig daily allows room to correct small mistakes, such as this, that have the potential to be extremely damaging.
- Hair and wig care – removing your lace front wig daily allow you the freedom to properly moisturize your natural hair and give it the attention that it deserves. It also enables you the ability to groom your lace front wig more effectively.